Lottery Terms & Conditions
All profits from the Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd Lottery go directly towards funding the specialist services of the Hospice of the Good Shepherd for the people of Western Cheshire, Chester, and Deeside, and their families, who have illnesses that no longer respond to curative treatment.
- New members will be sent a unique randomly selected draw number created by approved computer software. This is linked to their personal membership number, which will be used in all correspondence.
- All subscriptions are payable in advance at a cost of £1 per number per week. These subscriptions will then be entered into the weekly draw using the unique lottery draw number. The draw will take place on a Friday; unless Friday is a bank holiday when the draw will take on a Thursday unless Thursday is also a Bank holiday when the draw will take place on a Wednesday.
- There are 54 prizes available to be won each week. One prize of £1000, one prize of £500, one prize of £100, one prize of £50, twenty prizes of £10 and thirty prizes of £5.
- The Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd reserves the right to enhance these prizes at certain times e.g. Christmas; when it will offer members and the public additional single tickets for sale in the form of “draw tickets”.
- Prize winners are notified by post within 1 week of the draw taking place. This will include the relevant cheque. The top four weekly winning numbers are available in the local press and aired on Dee Radio 106.3 fm. The complete list of winners is available on our website hospiceofthegoodshepherd.com
- We will not notify Doorstep collectors of a prize winner on their round. If you wish your collector to know we believe this should be at your discretion.
- Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd reserves the right to reclaim prizes issued in error.
- Any input errors will be corrected in time for the next available draw; should an input error amount to a member missing a draw, they will be awarded additional entries into the next available draw, so that they are not disadvantaged.
- The regular payment facility is by standing order. Your written authority is required to set up a regular payment using your bank details. Monthly standing order subscriptions of £4.34 include 34p to accumulate and fund a 13th week, which occurs every three months. Other regular payment amounts are £52 per year, £26 twice a year and £13 per quarter
- Members paying by cash will be issued with a payment card which must be used to record any payments made. Cash collections are carried out by Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd Collectors who undergo CRB checks at an enhanced level. Our collectors will always carry identification. You can pay your collector by cash or cheque a minimum of £4 at a time. Your collector may occasionally ask for lottery subscriptions in advance to ensure you are entered into the lottery draw over a holiday / bank holiday period. If a collector is unable to collect from you for any reason other than a holiday; we will take all steps possible to collect from you. However, the Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd cannot be held responsible if arrangements cannot be made to cover such circumstances.
- Payments can be posted to the Lottery Office. Cheques should be made payable to Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd. We cannot be held responsible for cheques that go missing or are delayed in the post and result in members missing a draw. If you cancel, or a cheque is returned by the bank we will stop you participating in the draw until such time as payment is received, you are also responsible for payment of any draws entered into but not paid for under such circumstances.
- Automated payments are actioned one day in arrears and therefore automated payments received on a Friday are actioned on the next available working day. All other payments received after 12 noon on a Friday will be actioned on the next available working day.
- We will send reminders to you when your credits are running low and another payment is due.
- We promise to comply with all Data Protection Act requirements to protect your personal data, as well as storing securely bank details for those members who pay regularly by standing order. It will be appreciated by lottery members that Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd cannot accept liability for the loss, delay or theft of any communication sent by post, e-mail or fax, or for any delays in the banking system.
- Membership cancellation can be carried out at any time although those received after 17.00 hours on a Thursday evening may not be actioned until after the weekly draw. If you pay by a regular standing order then you must cancel in writing. Please contact the lottery office for further assistance on 0151 356 8899 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where members cancel in credit, we will subject to Clause15, offer to refund your full entitlement at the time of cancellation. Alternatively you may elect for the cancellation to take effect once the credits have run out. Refunds will be sent to the named member within 7 working days.
- We reserve the right to refuse an application, or to cancel an existing subscription and at our absolute discretion. Any such rejection or cancellation may be reconsidered on submission of a written appeal to the Income Generation Manager within 7 days. The decision of the Income Generation Manager will be final.
- It is the responsibility of the player to advise us of any change of address or any other membership details deemed necessary. We will make every endeavour to deliver prize winning cheques, however should a failure to inform us of a change of address result in us being unable to present a prize winning cheque; unclaimed cheques will be donated back to the Hospice after 12 months.
- An instruction to be self excluded, as defined in the Gambling Act 2005, from the Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd Lottery may be submitted in writing, faxed or telephoned through to the Lottery office. Customers wishing to use this facility will not be able to rejoin the Lottery for a minimum of 6 months from the date of exclusion.
- It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 to participate in a lottery. The Lottery is only open to UK Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd will, where appropriate, carry out checks to verify this requirement.
- Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd is a member of The Hospice Lotteries Association (HLA), which on behalf of its members makes a financial contribution towards the Responsible Gambling Trust, an organisation fundraising for gambling research, education and treatment of problem gambling. The Hospice Lotteries Association website hospicelotteries.org.uk has a page dedicated to the Responsible Gambling Trust www.responsiblegamblingtrust.org.uk and also GAMCARE www.gamcare.org.uk, the leading organisation that provides practical help to problem gamblers. Further support can be found on the Gamble Aware website www.gambleaware.co.uk.
- All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Lottery office. In the event a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved then it will be referred to the Chief Executive and if necessary the Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd Trustees. If the dispute is still unresolved then the Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd complainant may refer the complaint to an independent third party. The Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd has nominated IBAS as its independent adjudicator, and may but need not be bound by their decision. IBAS PO BOX 62639 London EC3P 3AS. Tel 02073475883.email email@example.com .
- Please note that employees responsible for the running of the Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd Lottery, their partners and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate in the Lottery.
- The Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd. is obliged to audit its operation and reserves the right to contact its members in connection with such audit processes. Furthermore the Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd is licensed by the Gambling Commission gamblingcommission.gov.uk who may audit and inspect our compliance to Licensing conditions and codes of practice without notice and may also wish to contact members in relation to any such inspection.
- Customer funds are not protected in the event of insolvency.
- The Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.
Hospice of the Good Shepherd Promotions Ltd: Tel 0151 356 8899: email firstname.lastname@example.org: Registered Charity No. 515516