Part Time and Full Time positions available (22.5 to 37.5 hrs per week), £18,627 – £19,222 pro rata
Are you looking for an opportunity to provide excellent individualised nursing care, implement your skills and knowledge and develop your communication skills? We are looking for experienced people who will become an integral part of a supportive team based on the Inpatient Unit. The successful candidates will be self-motivated and able to work as part of the team supporting people with a variety of life limiting conditions for symptom management or end of life care. You will be positive and enthusiastic with a genuine interest in palliative care and have the knowledge and skills necessary to provide excellent care. In addition, you will demonstrate empathy and compassion which enables you to support the patients and those important to them. In return, you will be joining a friendly and welcoming team with a collective aim of positively enhancing the lives of the individuals in their care.
The post holder will:
Assist in the delivery of nursing and specialist palliative care, ensuring the highest possible standards of care are received by patients and their carers while in the hospice, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse
and will be able to:
- Demonstrate their passion to promote comfort, dignity, independence and patient choice
- Use their own initiative and work well under pressure
- Demonstrate an interest in all aspects of palliative care and long-term conditions
You will be joining a friendly and welcoming team with a collective aim of positively enhancing the lives of the individuals in their care. There will be support and guidance for the right individual through a specific preceptor programme in order to develop their knowledge and understanding of supporting patients with an advanced life limiting illness. You’ll receive a raft of benefits and support, including:
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Continuation of the NHS Pension Scheme for existing members or join the hospice pension scheme
- Excellent learning and development opportunities, including preceptorship, induction and development
- Broad range of in-house education and support to attend external training.
- A staff support programme including clinical supervision, confidential counselling and occupational health services
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date then it is likely that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion, however please do not be discouraged from applying again.
Download Job Description Download Recruitment Candidate Guidance Pack Apply Now