Please note that due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, Living Well Services for people living with an advanced life limiting condition and those who care for anyone in this situation, are being provided through telephone support, video consultations and small group work. For more information about these services please contact 01244 566 707 for more information. Please read our latest advice by clicking here.
The bright, spacious Living Well Centre is the ‘activity hub’ for our day services and out-patient clinics, which provides support for you, your family, friends and carers.
Our skilled staff and dedicated volunteers aim to improve your quality of life by working together with you to give you informed choices to improve symptom management, manage and address individual concerns and enhance your own coping strategies.
The Living Well Centre provides a range of medical, nursing, rehabilitation and well-being support therapies available throughout the year including;
- Living Well Day Services: A 12 week programme which includes one to one nurse support, social support, hairdressing service, creative activities, relaxation, self-management and gentle exercise.
- Complementary Therapy: A 6 week course of treatment to help relax, ease worry and tension.
- Acupuncture Clinics: To assist with symptom management and side affects of treatment.
- Short Courses: We offer a variety of short courses to help you to live well at home. Please call for detail on the courses available.
- Open House Information Sessions: Every month we welcome any visitor who wishes to find out more about how the Hospice supports patients, relatives and carers affected by cancer or another life limiting illness. Anyone is welcome to attend please call 01244 851091 to book your place.
To find out more, read Sam’s story.
Attending the Living Well Centre
If you feel you would benefit from any of the services provided by The Living Well Centre you can contact us directly on 01244 851091.
Alternatively, please ask a Health Care Professional involved in your care (such as your GP, Specialist Nurse or Community Nurse) about the Hospice Living Well Centre. You will then have an initial appointment with a nurse and together we will identify what’s important to you and offer you a plan of care that best suits your individual requirements.
The Living Well Centre has a large free car park to the front of the building, with disabled parking spaces available close to the main entrance, which is accessible via steps or a ramp. However, if it isn’t possible for you to make your own way to the Centre, there are local services which can assist you with transport and we can advise you of these prior to your attendance.