We are excited to team up with local company Dee River Kayaking to bring you something new for 2022!
Registration Fee £20.00
Minimum Sponsorship Amount £150.00
This challenge will start from Farndon Bridge (CH3 6QF) at 9am where you will be met by qualified and highly experienced instructors from Dee River Kayaking.
During your challenge you will pass through the village of Almere, the Duke of Westminster’s estate, Eaton Hall, Alford and Eccleston before entering the City of Chester. Once in Chester, you will pass the Queen’s park water meadow and Sandy Lane before passing under the iconic suspension bridge and making your way towards the weir. Once you reach the weir, you will have the opportunity to travel down it and experience the thrill and excitement of what white water kayaking is all about.
But the challenge doesn’t end there… you will make your way back up the weir and paddle your way back up to Sandy Lane (CH3 5UL) where members of the Hospice fundraising team will be waiting to congratulate you on your achievement. They will have well earned refreshments waiting and will also present you with a certificate and Hospice Hero medal. This would be a great place to arrange for your friends and family to come along to welcome you back onto dry land! There is a children’s play area and grassed area suitable for picnic’s at Sandy Lane so they might like to make a day of it.
This challenge should take between 4-5 hours depending on the water level at the time of the challenge. You can take part in a single person kayak or a tandem kayak.
- Under 18’s must be accompanied on the session by a parent or guardian.
- Minimum age limit to paddle your own kayak is 12.
- Children aged 8-11 can take part only if they are in a tandem kayak with an experienced white water kayaker. If there is none in the group, we can source one at an additional cost.
What will be provided?
- Boats. Our Kayaks are the most accessible on the market! They’re super stable and fun, high performance inflatable boats made from a high grade material. They give you the freedom to move around and sit however you feel comfortable, while being super easy to control and get up to speed.
- Life Jackets
- Highly experienced Instructors to help you out!
Should you have any questions or require any further information, please contact the fundraising team on 01244 851811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org