Loading Events

« All Events

One Million Steps Challenge

May 1 - August 8

One Million Steps Challenge 1st May – 8th August 2021

What is the challenge?
The One Million Steps Challenge involves walking, running, skipping or jumping 10,000 steps a day for 100 days – that’s one million steps and about 500 miles!
That’s approximately.

  • Number of miles from the Hospice of the Good Shepherd to John O’Groats
  • 250 loops of Chester City Walls
  • 19 Marathons

Use your Fitbit, Smart Watch, Pedometer or Smart Phone to record your steps and watch the total add up!

You can take part on your own, with friends or get the whole family involved. This challenge is a great way to get fit and healthier so why not make a difference to yourself and to the Hospice.

How to Register?
Anyone can take part! Registration is FREE for the One Million Steps Challenge and you will receive a FREE fundraising pack. There is no minimum sponsorship amount, but every penny raised will make a difference to the lives of people with life limiting illnesses from Cheshire West, Chester and Deeside.

Sign up by clicking on the green Register Now button.

What Will You Get From us?
Once Registered we will send you your FREE fundraising pack, our dedicated fundraising team with offer you support in setting up an online fundraising page such as JustGiving and be on hand to help you throughout your fundraising journey.
On completion of the challenge, anyone who raised sponsorship will receive a One Million Steps Challenge personalised certificate and Hospice Hero medal.

Why Support us?
The Hospice of the Good Shepherd provides care and support, free of charge, to local people from Cheshire West, Chester and Deeside who have been diagnosed with a life limiting condition, 365 days a year. Each year it costs nearly £4 million to run the Hospice so that we can support patients by providing innovative and leading specialist palliative care services for people living with both stable and advanced life limiting illnesses to those in the local community who need it. The experiences of the last year have demonstrated more than ever just how important our Hospice is to those who have received an end-of-life diagnosis and that the Hospice is truly at the heart of this community.

We only receive 24% of our funding from the NHS to pay towards our services. We have to raise the remaining 76% from our fundraising activities and from you, our community.

For more information please email fundraising@hospicegs.com or call 01244 851811.

Details

Start:
May 1
End:
August 8
Event Category: